© 2022, Georgia Institute of Technology, All Rights Reserved.
- Which climate solutions are available to reduce Georgia's carbon footprint?
- How much of an impact could each solution have, and what would it cost?
- Which climate solutions should we invest in first?
- How do you address equity issues and resolve differences of opinion?
The Drawdown Georgia Climate Solutions Game is a team-based game designed to learn while having fun. It is intended to promote discussion and collaboration about the carbon reduction solutions unique to Georgia.
- The game requires multiple sets of playing cards that describe the 20 high-impact solutions of Drawdown Georgia along with Wild Cards representing external factors that impact carbon reduction efforts.
- Players work together to determine which solutions have the greatest impact and strategically play them to reach Georgia’s carbon reduction goal.
- Through gameplay, participants learn about the carbon reduction efforts in Georgia and the unique attributes of 20 key climate solutions.
- The end goal of the game is to foster new thought and discussion about these carbon reduction solutions and their respective costs and benefits.
- See the video below to understand how the game is played:
(1) a spreadsheet with the values to complete the blank boxes on the solution cards,
(2) the leaderboard and instructions on how to use it.