Omar Isaac Asensio
- School of Public Policy
- Climate and Energy Policy Laboratory
Dr. Omar Isaac Asensio is Assistant Professor in the School of Public Policy at Georgia Tech with a focus on big data and public policy. He conducts field experiments and uses evidence from big data to make causal inferences about incentives and behavior in areas such as energy, transportation and urban sustainability. His research has been published in general interest journals such as Nature Energy and PNAS. He is winner of the 2015 ONE-NBS Research Impact on Practice Award by the Academy of Management ONE Division. Prior to joining the faculty at Georgia Tech, Dr. Asensio was a postdoctoral scholar at the UCLA Institute of the Environment & Sustainability. He holds a doctorate in environmental science and engineering from UCLA. At Georgia Tech, he will also be affiliated with IDEaS.
- ONE-NBS Research Impact on Practice Award, Academy of Management
- Energy, Climate and Environmental Policy
- Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy
- PUBP-6112: Research Dsgn-Polcy Sci